Shawn Mills Attorney at Law 702 Forest Ave. Pacific Grove, CA (831) 372-3000

Veterans Treatment Court

Eligibility Requirements

Are You Eligible for Veterans Treatment Court?

Important: Having a case moved to a VTC must usually be done through a court order from the judge in the case, and not by contacting the VTC directly. If you are a veteran and have a criminal case, please consult with your attorney to find out whether you can participate in a VTC.

VTCs accept all military branches – including reserves and the National Guard. Eligibility requirements vary by county, but most VTCs accept certain types of felony or misdemeanor cases and require participants to:

  • Have served in the military,
  • Plead guilty in a criminal case,
  • Be experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), Military Sexual Trauma (MST), substance or other diagnosed disorders, and
  • Agree to participate in a 15 – 18-month program.
  • Veterans treatment courts target the root causes of veterans’ criminal behavior. The goal of these courts is to resolve criminal cases through treatment and support. In these courts, veterans take part in a program tailored to address their needs. As part of the program, participants meet frequently with a judicial officer, other veterans, treatment providers, mentors, and support teams.
  • Veterans Treatment Court

Shawn C. Mills, Attorney at Law #189896
702 Forest Avenue, Suite A
Pacific Grove, CA 93950

(831) 372-3000 or
(831) 521-Six-Two-Six-Five